Are you an educator interested in inspiring student learning and leading change in schools? Join us for the Innovation Showcase 2019 – the two-day professional learning event of the year! Hear from the leaders in innovative education, interact with global thinkers, and discover the innovation journey schools have been on to create solutions to educational challenges.
What can you expect when you book your place at the Innovation Showcase 2019?
- Keynote addresses from leaders in innovation
- Hot topic panel discussions: Engaging girls in STEM and Future work perspectives
- Seminars with leaders in key industries and organisations
- Live presentations and demonstrations from leading innovative schools
- Networking opportunities
- Gallery walk and school exhibition with up to 50 schools showcasing innovative practices!
- Free access to the ground floor area of the Resource Technology Showcase
Keynote speakers include:
- Professor Alan Duffy, Astrophysicist at Swinburne University of Technology
Out of this world big data: A must for educators interested in developing the next generation of data scientists. Big Data is a boom industry with its own, very human challenges, that affects all careers. Professor Duffy will show everyone what Big Data is, and how to navigate this torrent of information, mostly by avoiding our cosmic mistakes!
- Ewan McIntosh, Founder and CEO of Notosh
Breaking the rules to break ground: What are the seven factors that will help teams of teachers operate on the edge of chaos and, together, create a creative environment of learning that stimulates the imagination? Ewan will show you what it means to be open, to set up feedback that doesn’t hurt, to adapt the system and be more agile in your leadership of great ideas.
- Ruben Meerman, Surfing Scientist
The Surprising Gap in Health Literacy and how STEM can fix it: Ruben has a passion for STEM education and blowing stuff up! Join Ruben for a very ‘visual’ presentation demonstrating the laws of nature and physics – complete with laser beams and liquid nitrogen – like you’ve never seen them before.
- Tane Hunter, Data Scientist and co-founder of Future Crunch
Robot Rule of Thumb: Tane explores the changing world of work and how technological disruption is redefining the skills that matter. The machines aren’t here to take our jobs – but they will change them! Find out how.
- Jean Savage, Vice President, Surface Mining and Technology Division of Caterpillar Inc.
Local jobs: Jean will discuss how global organisations like Caterpillar are working with schools and the local community to create and deliver qualified students in much needed engineering roles.
- Engaging girls in STEM: Over both days, hear from various industry leaders and innovators in education as they discuss exciting ways to engage girls in STEM. Choose from panel discussions, presentations, seminars and innovative school displays. There is something for everyone!